Vision, Mission & Mandate
- Sustainable fisheries from inland open waters for environmental integrity, livelihood and nutritional security.
- Knowledge based management for enhanced fishery, conservation of biodiversity, integrity of ecological services and to derive social benefits from inland open waters.
- Basic, strategic and applied research for sustainable management of inland open water resources.
- Develop protocols for productivity enhancement in reservoirs and wetlands and aquatic ecosystems health management.
- Acts as repository of information on inland open water resources
- Human resource development through training,education and extension